Slivered almonds add delicious crunch and sweetness to these irresistible cinnamon-scented pastries.
- July 10th, 2016
- Cooking & Recipes
- amaizing cooking recipe, best cooking recipe, best recipe ever, delicious recipe, top food recipe
TOTAL TIME: 0:55
- 1 c. slivered almonds
- 4 oz. almond paste
- 6 tbsp. light brown sugar
- 2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 2 package unbaked crescent rolls
- 1 stick butter
- Cooking spray
- 1 c. confectioners' sugar
- 1 tbsp. whole milk
1) Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, stir almonds, almond paste, brown sugar, and cinnamon to combine. Set aside.
2) Working on a sheet of parchment, unroll 1 package of crescent-roll dough to a rectangle and smooth seams. Evenly spread half the butter over dough and then sprinkle with half the almond mixture. Beginning on one long side, tightly roll up dough. Slice into 6 pieces. Repeat with remaining dough, butter, and almond mixture.
3) Spray two 6-cavity muffin tins with cooking spray. Place a bun in each cavity and bake until golden brown, about 15 minutes.
4) Remove pans from oven and let cool for 20 minutes. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, whisk confectioners' sugar and milk until smooth. Transfer buns to a wire rack, drizzle with icing, and serve immediately.