Add red bell peppers and carrots to the mix for a colorful trio of veggies you’ll enjoy again and again.
- July 31st, 2016
- Cooking & Recipes
- amazing cooking recipes, best cooking recipe, pickled cauliflower, pickled cauliflower recipe, top food recipes
- 1 teaspoon coriander seeds
- 1 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 2 cups cider vinegar
- 5 medium garlic cloves, peeled and lightly smashed
- Three 1/4-inch thick slices peeled fresh ginger
- One half small yellow sweet onion, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup granulated white sugar
- 2 tablespoons Kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon black peppercorns
- 1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- One small head cauliflower, cut into 1 1/2 to 2-inch florets
- 4 medium carrots, peeled and sliced into lengthwise 4-inch pieces
- 1 small red bell pepper, cored & seeded & cut into strips
1) Add the coriander, mustard and cumin seeds to a medium saucepan. Toast the seeds over medium heat, swirling the pan around until the seeds are fragrant and slightly browned, about 2 minutes. Add the vinegar, garlic, ginger, onion, sugar, salt, peppercorns, turmeric, red pepper flakes and 1 cup water to the toasted spices. Bring to a boil.
2) Pack the cauliflower, carrots and bell pepper in a 2-quart jar or bowl. Pour the hot liquid over the vegetables. Let cool to room temperature, and then cover and refrigerate for at least 2 days before tasting. The veggies will keep for up to two weeks in the refrigerator.
*If you'd prefer to can these veggies, please see the original recipe on the Fine Cooking site for instructions.