Transform stone fruit with a salty-sweet brine.
- July 30th, 2016
- Cooking & Recipes
- amazing cooking recipes, best cooking recipe, pickled plums, pickled plums recipe, top food recipes
TOTAL TIME: 4:10
YIELD: 8 servings
- 1/2 c. distilled white vinegar
- 1/3 c. packed dark brown sugar
- 1 tbsp. yellow mustard seeds
- 1 Dried Bay leaf
- 2 sprigs fresh thyme
- Kosher salt
- 4 plums (about 1 lb.), pitted and cut into 16 wedges each
1) Combine vinegar, sugar, mustard seeds, bay leaf, thyme, 1 1/2 teaspoons salt, and 1 cup water in a medium saucepan. Boil, stirring occasionally, until sugar dissolves, 2 to 4 minutes.
2) Place plums in a glass bowl or jar and top with brine; cool completely. Refrigerate at least 4 hours or up to 4 days.