Pickling these red veggies is a quick and easy process, and they’ll last up to one month in the fridge.
- August 2nd, 2016
- Cooking & Recipes
- amazing cooking recipes, best cooking recipe, pickled rhubarb, pickled rhubarb recipe, top food recipes
PREP TIME: 10 MINS
COOK TIME: 7 MINS
TOTAL TIME: 17 MINS
YIELDS: 2 (8 OZ) OR 4 (4 OZ) JARS
- 1 lb rhubarb stalks, trimmed to fit 2 8-ounce or 4 4-ounce resealable jars
- 1½ cups water
- ¾ cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon salt
1) Tightly arrange rhubarb upright in resealable jars. In medium saucepan, bring water, vinegar, sugar and salt to boil. Cook 1 to 2 minutes, stirring until sugar and salt is dissolved.
2) Pour water-vinegar mixture over rhubarb in jars, leaving about ½-inch headspace at top of each jar (there may be leftover water-vinegar mixture). Seal jars. Chill 48 hours in refrigerator. Store in fridge up to 1 month.